The Learn Page is under continual development. If you see a section with missing articles today, check back tomorrow to see new content! If you're an experienced roboticist, hobbyist, or developer and want to contribute to our LEARN database, let us know.
What does it mean to be a robot?
Read more about what it means to be a robot or jump ahead to the rest of the Learn section!
This is an AN/SPS-49 radar unit, frequently used on U.S. destroyers and other big ships, which are definitely more robotic than Mr. Spaceman but are perhaps not centralized or human-independent enough to qualify as robots.
- Idiothetic Sensors: Sensing your own state
- Allothetic Sensors: Sensing the world around you
- Communication Sensors: Technically sensors, but see dedicated Communicate section
- Sensor Drivers (the basic thinking part of sensing)
- Filtering (thinking smartly about sensing)
This is art, not a robot, but it does convey the idea of a robot or computer brain quite nicely.
- White Matter: The Hardware of Robot Brains
- Organizing Your Robot Brain
- Intro to Robotics Software
- Thinking to Sense (Measuring & Filtering)
- Thinking to Act (Control, Manipulation & Navigation)
Thinking to Communicate (or Interface?)
- Control Electronics & Drivers
- Control Theory, Manipulation & Navigation
- Act Codebase: Control Software & Drivers